Friday, December 4, 2015

(18) What are you thankful for?

So my sister did a post on her personal blog about what each of our family members was thankful for. I thought I would also do one like it :) Here is what my family members said:


Grandma said:
"The thing I like most about Thanksgiving, besides the days off work and an extra long weekend, is spending the majority of the day with my wonderful family. It's awesome to enjoy great food and fun times visiting and playing games and putting our annual puzzle together. We gorged ourselves and spent quality time together. Oh how I love this fantastic family of ours!!"

Mom said:
"I'm so thankful for a day that it give us to reflect on what we are thankful for...we actually try to do it all month. What is so special about that is that it helps us really reflect and be grateful for even the small things, that sometimes we take for granted...cars, shelter, food, clothes, etc...we get into the regular routine of every day and don't stop and realize so many around the world do not even have these basics that we take for granted, and to me that's what makes Thanksgiving day so very important, if we do our part and really stop and count our blessings on that day😊"
That is so good to remember every day... stop and realize how blessed you are.
My older brother Chandler:
"I love the meaning and spirit of gratitude that comes with thanksgiving. It seems to bring a unity that other days often lack. Seeing family and friends come together and the love you can see between them is fun to see and experience too."
Question #2: What are you thankful for?

Grandma:
"The things I am most thankful for are: an amazingly wonderful and helpful husband, six beautiful children and their spouses and 21 of the most loved and fantastic grandchildren on earth. Also for the best and most loving siblings ever. I am very grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace it brings to our lives, for home and freedom and health and good jobs. Life is wonderful and full of so many blessings, including terrific and supportive friends!!"

Mom:
"I would have to say that there really is no way to name off everything..but for sure I'm so very thankful for my kids, as I tell you all the time,  I live for you!! Life can be tough, but the thing is, is we always forgive and hopefully forget as well. We have been through a lot together...good times, but also some very rough times and you guys have had to suck it up with me so much and are such great kids in every way!! They're just not enough words to let you know how much I think of you and love you with all I have!  And for all of those who reach out to me and try to lift my spirits, when I feel like I'm not enough!  I do my best ,but it's so hard to hold yourself up all the time. Also for being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! For the blessings that come from living righteously and knowing why we are here, and to have His help to get us back to live with Him again❤"

Chandler said:
"I'm thankful first and foremost for God and His son Jesus Christ. They are the strength and hope that drives our spirits. They truly love and uplift everyone who comes to Them and especially on days we can't seem to help ourselves. I'm grateful for my family and all the love they show to me, even when I often don't deserve it. Also for the food and shelter they have provided for us younger ones for so many years that can't ever be repaid. And lastly I'm grateful for the Saviors Atonement and the lifetime of chances it provides for me to overcome myself and become the person God and myself want me to be. Also for the privilege it gives me to become the person my future spouse and children deserve."

No comments:

Post a Comment