Thursday, December 3, 2015

(13) TED Talks

You know what are really interesting to watch? TED talks. I had no idea these videos existed until my Psychology teacher in High School played one for us and I was hooked. Since then, I've watched dozens and I think they're pretty cool. A TED talk is a like a fun conference where a speaker will introduce something new or they'll go more in-depth on a certain topic that they are an expert it. I had to make sure I said fun or else you'd think, who would watch boring conferences for fun? You can learn tons of cool, fascinating things just by watching a 10-15 minute talk given by teachers in a specific field. There are so many to choose from and can apply to a wide variety of audiences. Hundreds of topics from A to Z are available to watch whenever on youtube or their website. My favorite (and ones that are really popular) are Technology ones that discuss the latest ground-breaking stuff going on today that no one has heard of yet. They do a great job at entertaining an audience and stirring curiosity in your mind as your watching. A lot of them are questions they try and answer throughout their talks. Then, others are about trying to sway you one way or another with their research and studies by bringing up misconceptions about various topics. TED talks' mission is about 'Ideas Worth Spreading.' If you're looking for something deeply interesting to watch or want to learn something new, check out TED Talks!

No comments:

Post a Comment