Friday, November 27, 2015

(8) Libros fascinantes

(Please excuse my lack of consistency with these blog posts) - I'm learning yet another lesson that procrastination is painful when the work still needs done. Anyway, I've started reading a new book. Not just any book: one of Jeffrey R. Holland's latest "To My Friends: Messages of Counsel and Comfort." I wanted something that I could read and really feel something from it. I can say with absolute certainty that anyone who listens to Elder Holland's voice in General Conference or reads his books will be touched by his testimony and incredible witness of Jesus Christ.

When I'm in the mood to read it usually comes around this time of year. You can find me huddled in the corner of the nearest Deseret Book scouring through pages of book written by general authorities past and present. I find that these books are most enjoyable to read because of the strength in the counsel and the comfort they so humbly give. The more I read about the Savior's atonement, the more powerful it gets. I am a few chapters into this one and already I am loving it! I would highly recommend it to anyone who could use the love of Elder Holland (and we all can). He does a marvelous job at what he does, and that is making us all feel like we are children of an almighty God (because that is what we are!). Each chapter in the book has a different message and he goes into things that we all struggle with. It really is an outstanding book and would make anyone's day if they read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment