Saturday, November 28, 2015

(9) Favorite Sports Team

I am a huge Jazz fan at heart. I make sure I don't miss a single game in the 82-game season. (This will prove to be challenging during finals week I'm sure haha). Currently the Jazz are on the rise in the Western Conference and are a very underrated team. It would be an understatement to say we were a young, inexperienced team. The average age is under 25 years old (24.3) and playoff experience is little to none. What we pride ourselves on is the cohesiveness on defense and our team chemistry. Under Coach Quin Snyder, who is highly respected, the players buy into his system well. Already, just 14 games into the grueling season, we stand at a .500 ball club. Not many analysts would have predicted that at the start of the season. Plus, we have yet to have back-to-back home games in our favor. In fact, 10 of the first 14 games were away from newly-named Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City. Despite the tough schedule, it's been a so-far-so-good start overall. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself as I have watched them this year. I would like to see Gordon Hayward get into a zone more than he has. Derrick Favors is shining ever so brightly these days, extending his range, knocking down his smooth jumper, and being a monster in the post like usual. He is easily my favorite player. Then we have Rudy Gobert, the defensive stopper, who is the front runner for defensive player of the year in my opinion. He owns the paint and affects virtually every shot attempt within his 7'9'' wing span!
Our starting Point Guard, Dante Exum, has been out since August when he tore his left ACL during an Australian National Team game. He is certainly out for the rest of the season and we will definitely miss his speed and length on the defensive end. Returning from a shoulder surgery is Alec Burks. He has bounced back quite nicely and has been a huge off-season addition if you will. I'm excited for the future for sure! I hope my team can keep improving and growing as the season continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment